Version 1.1 is here. See what's new...
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use my Pilot Pro logbook to apply for an airline job or take a checkride?
- You can use it to pull numbers (e.g. how much Cross Country time you have) and answer questions about your flight experience, but as of today, the FAA doesn't yet recognize a digital logbook as official. You can read this article for more information on that topic.
- Can I have a discount?
- Educational institutions automatically get a discount through the App Store. Otherwise, we're unable to discount the app except for when we run promotions. A huge amount of work went to into this, and we really value your business. Furthermore, we think our app is aggressively priced compared to the competition.
- Where is the Android version?
- That's a good question. We haven't ruled it out yet, but we're not currently working on an Android version. We figure most pilots at least have an iPad, but we're carefully considering it.
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
- Well, are you referring to indicated airspeed, true airspeed, or groundspeed?
Sync & Logbook Data
- Do I need to be connected to the Internet to use Pilot Pro?
- No. You can use the app as much as you like and sync it the next time you are connected. The web app needs an internet connection to work (obviously).
- How does Dropbox Sync Work?
- Dropbox maintains a copy of your logbook data on their servers (which are actually Amazon's S3 servers). Each time you sync, the logbooks get compared. After that, all copies of the database in the sync now match (web app + Dropbox, or iOS + Dropbox, depending on which you're syncing).
- If I delete the app from my iOS device and don't sync via Dropbox, will my logbook data be destroyed?
- Yes. Please, please sync with Dropbox to back up your data and allow you to stay in sync everywhere you use Pilot Pro.
- If I delete a logbook entry, is there any way to get it back?
- The only way to get the information at this point is if it's still on an un-synced copy of your data. For example, you could turn off WiFi on your iPad (since it'll sync when the app starts) and get the information. Otherwise, deleting is permanent.
Importing Your Logbook
- Which electronic logbooks can I import?
- You can import a logbook from Logbook Pro, LogTen Pro, Vortex Log, Copilot.aero, Flightlogg.in, as well as our own CSV import template.
- I only have a paper or Excel logbook. How do I get it into Pilot Pro?
- The easiest way is to use our CSV import template and add all your flight data. It will take a little work, but it's well worth it to have a digital copy of your logbook.
- After importing my logbook, the flight type totals (single-engine, multi-engine, rotorcraft, etc.) don't look right. What's wrong?
- Some logbooks don't preserve this information when they export your logbook data for you. To associate each aircraft tail number with an Aircraft Category/Class, use the Aircraft Manager on the Account page.
iPad & iPhone
- Is there a way to buy the iPad app but not the iPhone app (or vice versa) at a lower cost?
- No, sorry. We built a universal app for a variety of reasons we won't bore you with here, but we think it's the best way to go.
- Does a 1-star review (★☆☆☆☆) let me vent my anger but ultimately leave my problems unsolved?
- Yes. :) Please contact us if you're having trouble. We can work together to solve the issue. There's no way for us to respond on the App Store. We want to work with you so we can improve Pilot Pro.