Legal & Privacy
By using any Pilot Pro product, you agree not to hold us responsible for any errors, data loss, or other issues. We do our best to make Pilot Pro reliable and accurate. But since the FAA does not officially recognize digital logbooks as a final record for certifying flight time, this cannot be your only logbook.
You also agree not to hold Pilot Pro responsible if an error or misrepresentation of your logbook data leads you to make an incorrect assertion when applying for a job, type rating, certification, or anything of the sort. It is your responsibility to confirm flight totals and other information with your paper logbook and your trainers.
In short, we're doing our best. But don't come after us if something goes wrong. Just try to peacefully resolve the issue with the FAA and/or your potential employer.
Our hope is that no Pilot Pro user ever loses logbook data. That's one of the primary reasons we allow you to sync your logbook with Dropbox so that your information is backed up with a historical record on Amazon's S3 servers.
You can also make a logbook backup by using the CSV or PDF export options available in the iOS app.
We're being careful. If you're careful too, nothing should ever go wrong. We are not responsible for logbook data since you own your data.
We do not collect your personal information and we don't store your personal data (with a slight exception in version 3; see below). Here are some more specifics:
- Logbook data that is synced via iCloud is stored on your iOS devices, Mac, and Apple's iCloud servers.
- Logbook data that is synced via Dropbox is stored on your iOS devices, Mac, and Dropbox's servers.
- Never at any time is your logbook data in our possession (which is why we ask you to send us your logbook when you need help). The only exception to this is in the version 3 web app. We store your logbook data temporarily until you sign out of the app. If you do not sign out, your logbook data remains on our servers. We periodically purge leftoever logbook data on our web app server to clean up after those that don't sign out.
- We don't collect or store your personal information. When you contact our support team, your name and email address (and any information in the body of the email) is contained in our email archives.
- We don't share your information with any group or individual.
If you want a copy of your data in compliance with GDPR regulations in Europe, you will need to contact Apple or Dropbox to get what they store.